I’ve heard and read so many great things about Revlon Color Stay Foundation that I felt I had to give it a whirl. I will admit that I was nervous, as I have oily and acne prone skin, but I jumped in.
You should probably know by now that I love love love my Bare Minerals Foundation, especially for everyday coverage. I have found, however, that it doesn’t quite have the lasting power I’m looking for. I mean, it stays on, but a few hours after application it tends to get a little spotty. And now that I’m filming more for my youtube channel, I’m in the market for a a more full coverage foundation.
- Great, full coverage, matte Foundation. I do have to allow this foundation to dry between layers, but overall, the coverage has been great.
- No need for a concealer with this foundation. I have tons of hyper-pigmentation from old acne, but this covered my dark spots really well. I just had to go in with a concealer brush to get those particularly tough dark spots, but I got it cover.
- It photographs really well, better, I would say, than Bare Minerals. I think this foundation would be great for a wedding or any professional event.
|Revlon Color Stay Foundation in Mahogany|
- Messy. I’m accustomed to using a powder foundation, so this foundation was a little bit messier than I’d like.
- Drying between coats. Because it’s a liquid and you have to let it slightly dry between coats to build the coverage, so I felt that it took longer than I’d like to get the coverage I want.
- Acne. I do have acne prone skin, however, for the past 2 weeks since discovering a new device to help combat my acne (review coming soon) I haven’t had a single breakout, that is, until I started using Revlon Color Stay Foundation. I didn’t have a major breakout, but I did develop three new pimples, one of which left me with a new dark spot :(.
- Check out my video review with my details here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-sxt5hOtKo
All in all, I would not use this foundation daily. Since it did clog my pores, I think of it as more of a go out or filming foundation. I’ll stick to my bare minerals for my everyday foundation.
What’s your favorite drugstore foundation?