How to Remove Your Weave at home
If you need to remove your weave at home, this is the post for you. I’ve had a few of my girlfriends tell me they’ve never even attempted to take down their own weave, and every time I hear this I’m like, let me get this straight…you pay someone to do this?
So I figured I could either open up shop and get it on this easy money, OR I could just blog about it. And since I am no cosmetologist, blogging about it is more my speed.
Here’s what you need:
1. a well lit room
2. a large mirror
3. an eyebrow razor (use the ones sold at beauty supply stores. I find them to be sharper than the ones sold at drugstores)
|Image taken from: http://mymakeupblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/awesome-tinkle-eyebrow-razors.html|
- pin back or braid your leave out ( if you have one)
- grab the very top track and pull it upwards so you can see the thread used to sew your tracks onto your braids or weave net.
- Use the razor to simply cut away the thread.
- As you cut, keep pulling your tracks upward and away from your hair so you don’t cut at your own hair.
- And you’re done! If you have a net do the same thing. pull the net upwards and cut away at the thread using the razor.
- All you have to do now is unbraid your hair and follow up with a hot oil treatment, shampoo, and deep condition.
Watch how I take my weave down below:
Let me know if you have any additional tips or tricks!