The Best Face Wash: All Natural and Cheap
Ladies, when I tell you I have tried it all. I mean, I have tried it ALL! I have oily and acne prone skin, so a good cleanser is a MUST for me. One of the greatest struggles I’ve had when it comes to my skin has been the search for a gentle, yet effective face wash.
As you know by now, I wear makeup every single day I’m to be seen outdoors. Go ahead and judge me, but I like to be seen in my best light, so sharing my acne, hyper pigmentation, and barely-there brows with complete strangers will never be something I sign up for. But I digress. This. Facewash. Is. Heavenly.
Trader Joe’s SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil
- It’s all natural (castille soap/olive oil based), but still sudsy.
- It’s cheap, ~$6 bucks at Trader Joe’s or for $12 online. Buy it here if you can’t find a Trader Joe’s near you.
- You get a lot of product. 8.5 ounces, and a little bit goes a long way.
- It TOTALLY helps to clear up your acne.
- It might just be me, but I swear, my old acne scars are getting lighter too.
- It removed 90% of my makeup. In fact, I rarely follow-up with toner. So yes, this THE BEST makeup removing cleanser I’ve ever tried.
- Non drying.
- Has an earthy smell to it. Not bad, but not minty fresh as you the name might suggest
- Will burn your eyes, so avoid the eye area. Tea Tree oil is an astringent so this shouldn’t be a surprise.
And that’s all folks! Want a cheap, all natural cleanser that will ACTUALLY cleanse your skin and remove your makeup? This one is it!
Also, you should TOTALLY use this with a cleansing brush. Of course, I love the Clarsonic mia, but you can get a GREAT alternative for around $20 in the Olay Prox Cleansing brush. Cleansing brushes are great at helping to slough off all of that dead skin and exfoliate the hell out of your face. Exfoliation= younger, healthier skin. Get one or both (ha ha, I have both).
Several readers have mentioned that they do not have a Trader Joe’s in their neck of the woods, so I went ahead and conducted some research and stumbled upon a cheaper alternative. In fact, the Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash uses the same exact ingredients at the TJ wash, and is sold on Amazon for $13 for 32 ounces (Free shipping if you are an amazon prime member)! I plan to order this version when I finish mine, as TJ’s isn’t so close to where I live either. If you try the Dessert Essence wash be sure to stop back in and let me know how you like it!