Perquita Burgess was a temporary employee at Fox News in 2008 when she alleges she was sexually harassed by Bill O’Reilly.
“Within the first week and a half of working there … he made like a grunting noise,” she told “The View.” “As time went on, I noticed every time he walked past my desk, if no one was around, he would make that noise.”
“Fast forward to maybe three, four weeks in, we were on the elevator alone coming up to our floor, and he let me off first as gentlemen usually do,” she continued. “As I was getting off the elevator, he said ‘looking good, there, girl.'”
“One day he walks past my desk … he walks past and says ‘Hey, hot chocolate,'” she said. “I didn’t respond. I was mortified … I took that as a very plantational remark.”
Burgess said that she did not report the behavior at the time because she was not an employee of Fox News. She said that she did not tell her temporary work agency because she didn’t want to damage the relationship she had with the firm.
After Fox News ended its relationship with O’Reilly last week, Burgess felt empowered to come forward and tell her story. According to ABC News, unlike the accusers, Burgess’s attorney says she is not seeking monetary compensation from O’reilly. She also points out that the statute of limitations has run out, so Burgess could not seek a settlement even if she wanted to do so.
Watch her story here:
“I WAS MORTIFIED.” Bill O’Reilly accuser Perquita Burgess recounts the alleged sexual harassment by the former Fox News host. pic.twitter.com/PQEZQzP7eL
— The View (@TheView) April 20, 2017