How to Remove Your Weave at home
If you need to remove your weave at home, this is the post for you. I’ve had a few of my girlfriends tell me they’ve never even attempted to take down their own weave, and every time I hear this I’m like, let me get this straight…you pay someone to do this?
So I figured I could either open up shop and get it on this easy money, OR I could just blog about it. And since I am no cosmetologist, blogging about it is more my speed.
Here’s what you need:
1. a well lit room
2. a large mirror
3. an eyebrow razor (use the ones sold at beauty supply stores. I find them to be sharper than the ones sold at drugstores)
|Image taken from: http://mymakeupblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/awesome-tinkle-eyebrow-razors.html|
- pin back or braid your leave out ( if you have one)
- grab the very top track and pull it upwards so you can see the thread used to sew your tracks onto your braids or weave net.
- Use the razor to simply cut away the thread.
- As you cut, keep pulling your tracks upward and away from your hair so you don’t cut at your own hair.
- And you’re done! If you have a net do the same thing. pull the net upwards and cut away at the thread using the razor.
- All you have to do now is unbraid your hair and follow up with a hot oil treatment, shampoo, and deep condition.
Watch how I take my weave down below:
Let me know if you have any additional tips or tricks!
Well Hello! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a lipstick-loving, high heel junkie, mom, and wife. When I’m not here bringing you the latest in beauty, fashion, hot topics, and bits and pieces of my life with my family, you can find me over on youtube swatching lipsticks and sharing my latest natural hairstyles. Make sure you also follow me on Instagram and Snapchat under my brand name Lisa A La Mode. I’m a real person. I promise.