The Best Face Wash: All Natural and Cheap
Ladies, when I tell you I have tried it all. I mean, I have tried it ALL! I have oily and acne prone skin, so a good cleanser is a MUST for me. One of the greatest struggles I’ve had when it comes to my skin has been the search for a gentle, yet effective face wash.
As you know by now, I wear makeup every single day I’m to be seen outdoors. Go ahead and judge me, but I like to be seen in my best light, so sharing my acne, hyper pigmentation, and barely-there brows with complete strangers will never be something I sign up for. But I digress. This. Facewash. Is. Heavenly.
Trader Joe’s SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil
- It’s all natural (castille soap/olive oil based), but still sudsy.
- It’s cheap, ~$6 bucks at Trader Joe’s or for $12 online. Buy it here if you can’t find a Trader Joe’s near you.
- You get a lot of product. 8.5 ounces, and a little bit goes a long way.
- It TOTALLY helps to clear up your acne.
- It might just be me, but I swear, my old acne scars are getting lighter too.
- It removed 90% of my makeup. In fact, I rarely follow-up with toner. So yes, this THE BEST makeup removing cleanser I’ve ever tried.
- Non drying.
- Has an earthy smell to it. Not bad, but not minty fresh as you the name might suggest
- Will burn your eyes, so avoid the eye area. Tea Tree oil is an astringent so this shouldn’t be a surprise.
And that’s all folks! Want a cheap, all natural cleanser that will ACTUALLY cleanse your skin and remove your makeup? This one is it!
Also, you should TOTALLY use this with a cleansing brush. Of course, I love the Clarsonic mia, but you can get a GREAT alternative for around $20 in the Olay Prox Cleansing brush. Cleansing brushes are great at helping to slough off all of that dead skin and exfoliate the hell out of your face. Exfoliation= younger, healthier skin. Get one or both (ha ha, I have both).
Several readers have mentioned that they do not have a Trader Joe’s in their neck of the woods, so I went ahead and conducted some research and stumbled upon a cheaper alternative. In fact, the Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash uses the same exact ingredients at the TJ wash, and is sold on Amazon for $13 for 32 ounces (Free shipping if you are an amazon prime member)! I plan to order this version when I finish mine, as TJ’s isn’t so close to where I live either. If you try the Dessert Essence wash be sure to stop back in and let me know how you like it!
Hey, Boo! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a 30 something-year-old writer/mother/wife who happens to love lipstick, high heels, blackness, and the truth. You’ll find a mix of everything on this site, so I won’t bore you by trying to define this space. I hope you stay awhile!