Shea Moisture Cosmetics Review & Swatches
I couldn’t wait for a nearby Target to stock the shelves with the new cosmetics line by Shea Moisture. I’ve been using Shea Moisture hair and skin products since 2010, with great success, so I expected nothing less than greatness from their cosmetics line. So let’s get straight to the review, shall we? Incidentally, I only purchased the Illuminators (Fancy word for ‘Bronzers’) and the Foundation.
Let’ start with the Shea Moisture Cosmetics Sheer Foundation in the color Ka’u Bronze Blaze.
- Packed with good-for-your-skin ingredients ( vitamins, shea butter, etc.)
- Pretty good pricing at $12.99 a tube, which isn’t that much more expensive than Covergirl or Revlon foundation neither of which is packed with anything other than chemicals.
- Sold at Target, and everyone here in the US can find a Target.
- Is listed as sheer coverage, but is really a medium to full coverage foundation
- NOT for oily or acne prone skin. This stuff was sliding off my face a few hours after application.
- Also, while I can’t say my recent breakout is due to the use of the foundation, I’m inclined to think it may have had something to do with it. Therefore, I’m returning it.
- When trying to actually find a foundation in my shade I had a bit of difficulty. There are TONS of colors to choose from, and based on the packaging there are perhaps 4-5 shades that could potentially match me. I think we need pictures of women wearing the foundation so we can choose the right shade. Otherwise, it’s a total guessing game.
- The color of the foundation is only found on the box. Not on the actual tube containing the foundation. #Annoying
- Dewy. Which can be okay, I guess. But I’d like the option of a more matte finish.
As you can see, with the JUST the foundation, and no concealer Shea Moisture Sheer Foundation does a pretty good job of covering my dark spots. (Please excuse the awful blending at the brow area….I wasn’t done)
Now, onto the Shea Moisture Illuminating Powders. I purchased two, Ceylon Cinnamon and Mandalay Dusk:Isn’t the little compact adorable?
I really have only one con about these bronzers, and that is, the price! $11.99 is too much for a drugstore bronzer.
- Nice packaging
- Great color Pay off.
- Ceylon Cinnamon is a beautiful golden highlight, while Mandalay Dusk is a deep dark brown, perfect for contouring even the darkest skin tones.
Shea Moisture has a pretty extensive cosmetic display at Target. You’ll find blush (both cream and powder), CC cream, lip glosses, lip stains, and even makeup brushes. Let me know what, if any, Shea Moisture product you may be in the market for. I’m thinking I might give the brushes a try.
Well Hello! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a lipstick-loving, high heel junkie, mom, and wife. When I’m not here bringing you the latest in beauty, fashion, hot topics, and bits and pieces of my life with my family, you can find me over on youtube swatching lipsticks and sharing my latest natural hairstyles. Make sure you also follow me on Instagram and Snapchat under my brand name Lisa A La Mode. I’m a real person. I promise.