The summer heat is wonderful until you feel your makeup melting off your face. Luckily, there are so many solutions to this problem, none of which involve compromising your makeup routine. Now that summer is (almost) officially in season, throw on a foundation that won’t budge no matter the temperature.
These are the six must-have foundations for the season:
1. CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Pressed Powder: It’s oil-free, it’s light and it’s easy. If a pressed powder is your style then this is perfect for you. It’s a full-coverage option that won’t weigh you down. Can be found at covergirl.com, or in any drugstore; $7.90
2. L’Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream: It goes on in one move and does four different things (hydrates, primes, perfects, corrects), almost like magic. The full-coverage finish leaves your skin even-toned and silky smooth. Can be found at lorealparisusa.com, or in any drugstore; $10.95
3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation: The Naked line isn’t just for eyeshadow pallets. The Naked Skin pressed powder lasts all day long and works wet and dry. It finishes demi-matte and so light your face will almost feel makeup-free. Can be found at urbandecay.com, or at Sephora or Ulta.; $36
4. Benefit Big Easy: More than a BB cream, it’s a “multi-balacing complexion perfector.” It goes on as a liquid and quickly dries to feel like a powder. Can be found at benefit.com, or at Sephora; $38
5. Diorskin Nude Air Serum: This foundation feels as light as air. You’ll fall in love with the velvety finish that you might just want to stock up. Can be found at dior.com, or at Sephora; $536. Chanel Perfection Lumière: Long-wear and equipped with SPF 15? Yes please. A perfect beach-ready makeup to get you through summer looking flawless. Can be found on chanel.com, or at Nordtroms; $58
Thanks for reading my first post! I’m Elizabeth La Barbera, and I’m a contributor for Lisa A La Mode. If you didn’t already see it, check out my bio!
Hey, Boo! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a 30 something-year-old writer/mother/wife who happens to love lipstick, high heels, blackness, and the truth. You’ll find a mix of everything on this site, so I won’t bore you by trying to define this space. I hope you stay awhile!