The Perfect Twist Out on Type 4 Natural Hair
Twist outs on a tapered cut are a dream. To be honest, they work really well on short natural hair in general. I remember trying to do twist outs on my hair when it was long and it was always a disaster. My hair would take centuries to dry, and then I’d be left with dry, frizzy, undefined curls. I have managed, however, to create a simple routine that works really well on my hair.
- Detangle your wet hair using a wide toothed comb
- Apply a Leave in Conditioner such as the SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Reparative Leave-In Conditioner,
- Apply a styling product such as SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Souffle
- Brush the products though each section (you only need a small amount of product per section…tiny in fact)
- Section hair
- Let the hair dry overnight or under a hooded dryer
- Untwist the hair and fluff out using a pick.
Watch More Here
Hey, Boo! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a 30 something-year-old writer/mother/wife who happens to love lipstick, high heels, blackness, and the truth. You’ll find a mix of everything on this site, so I won’t bore you by trying to define this space. I hope you stay awhile!