The Perfect Twist Out on Type 4 Natural Hair
Twist outs on a tapered cut are a dream. To be honest, they work really well on short natural hair in general. I remember trying to do twist outs on my hair when it was long and it was always a disaster. My hair would take centuries to dry, and then I’d be left with dry, frizzy, undefined curls. I have managed, however, to create a simple routine that works really well on my hair.
- Detangle your wet hair using a wide toothed comb
- Apply a Leave in Conditioner such as the SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Reparative Leave-In Conditioner,
- Apply a styling product such as SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Souffle
- Brush the products though each section (you only need a small amount of product per section…tiny in fact)
- Section hair
- Let the hair dry overnight or under a hooded dryer
- Untwist the hair and fluff out using a pick.
Watch More Here
Well Hello! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a lipstick-loving, high heel junkie, mom, and wife. When I’m not here bringing you the latest in beauty, fashion, hot topics, and bits and pieces of my life with my family, you can find me over on youtube swatching lipsticks and sharing my latest natural hairstyles. Make sure you also follow me on Instagram and Snapchat under my brand name Lisa A La Mode. I’m a real person. I promise.