Beauty Bakerie Lip Whips Review
Have you ever had such high hopes for a product that the disappointment that arrives upon realizing that said product is not all it’s cracked up to be is almost too much to bear? Yup, that’s how I felt about the Beauty Bakerie Lip Whips. To say I was disappointed by the quality of these liquid to matte lip whips is an understatement.
But rather than focus on the negative, let’s take a look at what the company DOES have going for them.
- Packaging. The packaging, overall, is gorgeous. Whoever came up with the packaging and overall visual brand needs a medal. Just SUPER cute.
- The colors I selected are bright and fun and perfect for spring and summer and, for the most part, were pretty on my deep complexion. Take a look:
Unfortunately, the pros far outweigh the cons.
- I felt a little mislead by the name of the product. If a product is called a “whip” you would, most likely, assume that the product will have a whipped texture. Not so. They are your run of the mill liquid to matte lipstick. The texture is not whipped, not at all.
- These don’t smell baked either. While the site doesn’t promise that these are scented, I again, felt like i had been baited to think I’d be receiving something that smelled like baked goods. Not so. These are unscented.
- These are perhaps the most drying liquid lipstick I’ve ever tried. They felt like dried clay on my lips. Not even remotely comfortable.
- Mango Hibiscus tea and Tres Jolie were fairly sheer once applied. Tres jolie, eventually applied evenly, but Mango Hibiscus Tea was patchy. It’s unusable without heavy assistance from a lip liner. I don’t normally mind using a lip liner, but when I pay $20 for a lip product, I shouldn’t be obligated to purchase additional items to make it work.
- Overall I felt that there was a LOT of attention paid to packaging and branding, with little attention paid to the quality of the product inside the tubes. Beauty Bakerie as a company has grown a lot in the last year, but rather than invest some of their earnings with a higher quality product, they’ve instead invested in packaging which, for me, just feels wrong.
For an even more detailed review with live swatches of the Beauty Bakerie Lip Whips watch this video:
Have you tried these lippies? What’s been your experience?
Well Hello! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a lipstick-loving, high heel junkie, mom, and wife. When I’m not here bringing you the latest in beauty, fashion, hot topics, and bits and pieces of my life with my family, you can find me over on youtube swatching lipsticks and sharing my latest natural hairstyles. Make sure you also follow me on Instagram and Snapchat under my brand name Lisa A La Mode. I’m a real person. I promise.