*These twists were sent to me by Toyokalon in exchange for a paid youtube review, however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are 100% my own. You know I keeps it real all day everyday.
I am officially on team crochet braids, okay? Where, oh, where have I been? Although I did install faux locs a few months ago (check out the post and video tutorial by clicking HERE.), my latest crochet installation has completely convinced me to continue to do these protective styles. These crochet twists are perfection. They are so light, I literally couldn’t feel them on my head.
HOW TO INSTALL CROCHET TWISTS
To complete this look I used FOUR packs of the Sensual Collection Jamaican Loop Twists. You can purchase them by clicking HERE.
You must first begin by braiding your hair into a pattern like so:
Next, using a crochet latch/hook you slide the latch through the braid, hook on the hair, close the latch, and then pull the hair through.
To secure the hair in place you’ll simply knot it before moving onto to the next twist. In the end, your hair should look something like this:
This style lasted about 2 weeks, before I then cut the ends of the hair and unravelled the hair to create this style:
That’s it folks! Be sure to watch and learn how to install crochet twists here:
- Always remember to close the latch before attempting to slide the hair through. If latch is open the hook will snag on your braid.
- Always buy one extra pack of hair so you can have extra for twists that become frizzy/or tangled during installation and after
- Wear a satin bonnet to prevent frizz
- When the hair begins to fray, simply cut of the ends and create a new untwisted style.
- This hairstyle can last about 3 weeks.
What’s your favorite protective style? Let me know below!
Hey, Boo! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a 30 something-year-old writer/mother/wife who happens to love lipstick, high heels, blackness, and the truth. You’ll find a mix of everything on this site, so I won’t bore you by trying to define this space. I hope you stay awhile!