*This is a sponsored post on behalf of Cantu Beauty, but all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own
How to Achieve The BOMB Wash n Go w/ a Textured Twist on 4C Hair
In all of my years as a natural I’ve never done a wash n’ go with a textured twist. I usually do styles that require overnight-drying for best results. However, when I received this shipment of goodies from Cantu, I knew I had to try my hand at a wash’n go with a Textured twist on my 4C curls.
I used every last one of the following products to achieve my BOMB Wash n’ Go with a textured twist. Yes, you read that correctly: 5 products, one head, and bomb results. Honestly, one of the things I love about using Cantu products is that they are formulated for mixing, matching, and layering without product build-up, and let’s face it, gross feeling hair. On the contrary, after using Cantu products, my hair felt soft, textured, and defined. How you mix and match will depend on your curl pattern and texture, but for girls with curls like me, I’ve got you covered and Cantu does, too.
Here’s what I used:
Steps to Achieving the Bomb 4c Wash n’ Go with a Textured Twist
- 1st dampen your hair with water, and then saturate it with Cantu Coil Calm Detangler. This detangler is made with pure Shea butter and formulated without harsh ingredients. This two-step process will leave you tangle-free in preparation for washing.
2. After detangling, I let my hair sit with the detangler for about 10 minutes. A plastic cap helps to trap in the moisture giving you even more pre-poo conditioning.
3. I washed my hair using Cantu Complete Conditioning Co-Wash. This stuff is AMAZING. It gently cleansed my curls and scalp, removing all of my heavy product buildup, while still leaving my hair feeling moisturized and bouncy.
4. After co-washing, I dried my hair with a t-shirt (which helps to fight frizz and keep your curls intact). I then used a scoop of to the Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream, and evenly distributed it throughout my hair from root to tip. It has amazing slip, and like all Cantu products, smells like heaven. My curls loved it, too.
5. For my final step I mixed the Cantu Coconut Curling Cream and Cantu Twist & Lock Gel to create my own curly-girl cocktail.The Coconut Curling Cream provided me with the weight and definition, while the Twist & Lock Gel provided with the hold. I like my styles to last, so for hair like mine you need a mix of both products for lasting results.
I let my hair dry air dry for about 45 minutes, at which point I took down my twists and fluffed my hair using my fingers and a pick. Here are my results:
In the end I was left with soft and defined curls. I am officially on #teamwashngo and #teamtexturedtwist and you can join me by tagging #mycantu for a chance to be featured on cantubeauty.com/mycantu. My Curl. My Cantu.
Visit cantubeauty.com/mycantu for additional tips, tricks, and tutorials.
My Curl. My Cantu. Share your look by tagging #mycantu for a chance to be featured on cantubeauty.com/mycantu. Visit cantubeauty.com/mycantu for additional tips, tricks, and tutorial videos.
What’s your favorite Wash n’ Go or Textured Twist Routine? Sound off Below!
Hey, Boo! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a 30 something-year-old writer/mother/wife who happens to love lipstick, high heels, blackness, and the truth. You’ll find a mix of everything on this site, so I won’t bore you by trying to define this space. I hope you stay awhile!