So I’m not tech-person, trust me. But I have been dying for the new Iphone 7 and 7plus announcement. The following information will be for folks who are just as non-tech savvy and watched the announcement trying to figure out what new upgrades we’ll actually care about. Here’s what I found:
- You can pre-order the new phone THIS Friday, September 9th. It will ship out on September 16th.
- The Iphone 7 will start at $649 and the 7plus will start at $749
- It’s water-resistant
- The new Iphone comes in a new jet black finish with a high gloss, and seamles
s surface. You can’t really see the antenna anymore and the body, overall, is more sleek.
- The new phone will also come in rose gold, silver, black, and gold.
- New cameras with image stabilizer with a wider apperteure lens ( this means better pics in low light), sharper images, and 12 mega pixel sensor.
- The 7-Plus will feature two, mega pixel cameras for even better performance. There will also be an upgrade to this camera in December which will allow you to take pictures with a blurred out background (shallow depth of field). These are examples of pictures taken with the new shallow depth of field feature
- The headphone jack is gone. Headphones can now be plugged into the lightning cable jack (where you now plug in your charger). It will come with an adapter so you can still use your old headphones if you want to.
- Apple also introduced ear pods. These are basically wireless headphones that aren’t blue-tooth enabled ( I think). You will charge them right in the box and they connect seamlessly to all your devices. this will be really cool to use with your apple watch since talking on it now is pretty awkward.
The earpods are sold separately for $159.
8. More storage.
In a Nutshell
And that’s all folks! I’m sure you can find more information on the apple site, but this is all I took away from the announcement.
Will you be getting the new Iphone 7 or 7-Plus?
Hey, Boo! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a 30 something-year-old writer/mother/wife who happens to love lipstick, high heels, blackness, and the truth. You’ll find a mix of everything on this site, so I won’t bore you by trying to define this space. I hope you stay awhile!