Ladies, I don’t know about you but I need my sleep. Every. Last. Second of it. I allowed myself to go on too little sleep the first year my son was born, but no more. Dark circles and tired lines aren’t cute, okay? Let me also say that I am not the most organized person on the planet, but I’ve had to put a few simple systems in place to ensure I get my full night’s rest, especially during the weekdays.
THIS is how you Get Your Whole Life and Look Cute While You Do It
My method isn’t really isn’t Rocket Science, either. All it takes is a little bit of prep during the evenings to make sure your mornings are smooth.
What do I do?
- While JB is having dinner (he eats on his own in his highchair while the Ipad is on his favorite cartoon L’ane Tro Tro), I prep our outfits for the following day.
- I prep his snack for preschool. He only goes for a few hours everyday, but drop off is at 8:30am sharp.
- I also prep my makeup for the next morning. I don’t wear makeup everyday, but when I know I’m going to apply some the following morning, I pull out exactly what I’ll be using. No searching for my favorite lippie when I could spend that time sleeping
- I make sure my car keys and purse are readily accessible by leaving them in the same spot everyday. I do not swap out my purse during the week.
What are my mornings like?
A breeze I tell you. A breeze. I wake up between 6:45am and 7am and fix myself a cup of coffee. And since I know my mornings are all about being on the go go go, I use the Dixie® To Go Cup: The Official Cup For Crushing It.
Okay, so let me tell you about this cup for a second. Before I had my son, I was a Starbucks on the daily kind of girl. And don’t get me wrong, I still need my caffeine, but one cup of coffee at Starbucks every day adds up quickly. I’d much rather use that money to put in JB’s college fund, or…buy myself a new pair of heels. Depends on the day. Either way, Dixie® To Go cups are both essential in helping me to save money and time every morning, and sometimes in the afternoon. Don’t act like you don’t have a few cups a day, too!
The Dixie® To Go is The Official Cup For Crushing It, and for me crushing it is all about being able to look fabulous, while keeping my head on straight.
Okay, so back to my mornings:
- I get up early, make my coffee, and allow myself 10 minutes to check IG and a few emails.
- Then I get JB up by 7:10am. I get him washed up and dressed. By 7:30 he’s back in his highchair having dry cereal and milk.
- I use that time to take a quick shower, get dressed, and if time permits, apply makeup. By the way, while all this is happening I have my coffee close at hand. And because the Dixie® to-go cup has leak-resistant lid & insulated layer, I don’t have to worry about spills or my drink getting cold.
- By 8:15am we are out the door and on our way to preschool.
Don’t worry, the lollipop is just for cooperation; he does not have candy before school! But I sure do indulge in a big ole sip of my liquid fuel before I head out the door.
I’m happy to report that by a little bit of evening prep and my trusty Dixie®To Go cup, crushing it on the daily is no longer a goal, it’s my life!
Share Some of Your Working Mom Hacks Below!
I was selected for this paid opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Hey, Boo! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a 30 something-year-old writer/mother/wife who happens to love lipstick, high heels, blackness, and the truth. You’ll find a mix of everything on this site, so I won’t bore you by trying to define this space. I hope you stay awhile!