When SheaMoisture contacted me to collaborate on another post I knew immediately that I wanted to incorporate some heat-styling products into my routine.
I live in the Northeast, so when the weather starts to get chilly I rely on low-heat styling and protective styles. I know many people frown upon heat-styling, but when the temperatures drop, low-heat styling is how I maintain the health of my hair, and preserve my style for days on end.
For this collaboration, I went to my local Target and purchased the following products from the Salon Isle (yes, ladies, SheaMoisture products can now be found right alongside all other haircare. We are no longer relegated to the Ethnic Hair section):
- Argan Oil & Almond Milk Smooth & Tame Shampoo – 10.3 oz –
- Argan Oil & Almond Milk Smooth & Tame Conditioner – 10.3 oz –
- Argan Oil & Almond Milk Smooth & Tame Blow-Out Cream – 6 oz –
SheaMoisture also has a Sea Kelp & Pearl Protein line to shield and soften color treated hair, and a Peace Rose Oil Complex line to hydrate and soften dry, brittle hair. Because I opt for low-heat styling, however, I selected products that would help protect my strands, while still maintaining my texture.
Keep in mind I wasn’t going for a super straight look. I wanted a textured blow-out, so my bantu knots would have texture and volume.
Now, if you’re a regular to my little ole blog, you’ll know that I routinely use SheaMoisture products on my hair. Why? Simple:
- I can find SheaMoisture products at almost any drugstore (But good ole Target is my fav.) Click HERE to snag a cashback coupon off of your next SheaMoisture purchase at Target.
- I have yet to find a SheaMoisture line that I can’t use. For instance, the Argan Oil & Almond Milk Line is recommended for straight and wavy hair, but I have thick, course, type 4 curls. I still used the line, and got fab results.
- SheaMoisture is a partner in the Target Made to Matter Program: the brand ethically sources its shea butter from 13 women’s cooperatives in Northern Ghana as part of its purpose-driven Community Commerce business model. An ethical wage premium is paid to these enterprising women, and the brand aids in monitoring practices to ensure that the efficiency, health, profitability and quality of life is elevated for members of the co-ops. The women SheaMoisture works with in Ghana become partners, not just suppliers, and with their rise in income, they experience greater health, access to education and the benefits of financial freedom
Now, onto my perfect Bantu Knot Tutorial:
The Perfect Bantu Knot-Out
- Wash and Condition my hair using Argan Oil & Almond Milk Smooth & Tame Shampoo & Conditioner
- Section Hair and apply Argan Oil & Almond Milk Smooth & Tame Blow-Out Cream
- Blow Dry Hair
- Twist & Knot Hair
- Let Set over night
- Untwist and pic out knots for extra volume, and voila!
That’s all folks! Don’t forget to snag your cashback offer HERE. #EveryBodyGetsLove @SheaMoisture
What is your recipe for Bantu-Knot perfection?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SheaMoisture . The opinions and text are all mine.