When I realized we are only a few days away from Thanksgiving I knew it was time to sit down and reflect on this last year.
My method of reflecting during the holiday season is by way of our annual holiday card. I’m so busy being a full-time work-at-home mom and wife, that I don’t often have the opportunity to connect with family as much as I’d like. In fact, my family gets 99.9% of our life-updates via my Facebook Fan Page. While we do live in a social media age, I think our close friends and family deserve a little bit more than a facebook update, don’t you?
This year, we ordered our Personalized Foil Cards via Tiny Prints. As you can see above, I was able to uniquely design our cards, letting our names shine bright in foil. Aren’t they super cute? While Tiny Prints does provide the option of free recipient addressing on any custom card, there’s something to be said about addressing your cards personally.
I know it sounds a bit odd, considering the hand cramping that went into addressing these myself, but I thought it was a the perfect opportunity to force myself to slow down and to think about all of wonderful things that have happened over the last year. And I gotta give it to Tiny Prints for making this moment possible.
When you have the opportunity to look at 3 gorgeous photos of the most important people in your life, displayed on a beautifully crafted card, you can’t help but want to spread that feeling of goodness to friends and family
Now make no mistake, 2016 has not been all roses, however, I firmly believe you cannot look forward to better horizons without appreciating where you are right now.
How To Look Forward To What’s Ahead By Embracing Where You Are
- It’s really not that hard. You can do what I’m doing it, and physically spend some time looking at your happiest photos from this year (or in this case my Tiny Prints holiday cards,) and write down how they make you feel.
- If you don’t have any pictures, just sit and think for a while. Take your time. Sip some wine and/or listen to your favorite mellow music while you do.
- Make a list of each and every moment that brought you joy this year. These don’t have to be huge moments. It could be as simple as enjoying a cup of cocoa on the first cold day of the year. or getting your hands on your favorite eyeshadow palette. Whatever it is, write it down.
- Now make a list of the names of the people who helped you in some way this year. Put hearts next to those names because these are the angels you will take with you into the new year.
- Now smile.
- Make a new list of your goals for the new year.
- Take both lists and keep them close at hand. One list will serve as a reminder of how blessed you are, while the other will motivate and steer you into what’s to come.
We all have things we desire, and we should all strive to become better versions of ourselves, but if you get caught up in how things should be or what you want, you stand in the way of what’s been planned for you. When the going gets rough, just trust in your season and watch the magic of your destiny unfold.
Enter To Win $100 In Tiny Prints Credit
Prizes: $100 TinyPrints.com site credits provided by Tiny Prints
Dates: Ends Friday, December 2, 2016 at 12:00am PT
Entry Options: Readers may enter the giveaway via the widget with the following option:
Notification: Winners will be randomly selected and notified by CLEVER by Friday, December 16, 2016
Terms & Conditions: The official Terms & Conditions are included in the widget; Age 18+ US resident only Only one winner per household.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Hey, Boo! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a 30 something-year-old writer/mother/wife who happens to love lipstick, high heels, blackness, and the truth. You’ll find a mix of everything on this site, so I won’t bore you by trying to define this space. I hope you stay awhile!