Okay folks, we are fully into Fall, so put down your pumpkin spice latte for 2 seconds while I run down everything I keep in my fall beauty and fashion arsenal to maintain my fresh.
I know I’m a fashion blogger and I know you may you think I have this fashion thing on lock, but trust me, I don’t. What I have is a formula that works, and I’m ready give it all away. If you want to keep it cute this fall, all you need are a few key items:
- Sunglasses and fedoras. Who has time to do her hair and makeup everyday? I know I don’t. So when I’m out and about, I make sure to keep my sunglasses and hats in ready supply. Trust me, a hat and sunglasses will up your chic factor in 2 seconds flat.
See for yourself:
3. As a Mom who spends most of her days shuffling her kid to and from preschool, fancy purses and/or clutches are things I leave for the weekends. For the day-to-day, I carry around a backpack. I honestly didn’t think I’d see another backpack after I completed my graduate degree, but they are both efficient and fashion-forward. Who knew?!
My fall beauty routine is simple and straight to the point. I am not dipping into a million different products searching for just the thing to take me from suburban mom to super model. Nope. Not I! I keep it simple, but when I leave the house you can’t tell me I am not headed for the runway. Here’s why:
- When Fall hits, I pull out my vampy lipsticks and my berry-tone blushes. They look heavenly on my skin-tone:
- I have oily skin, however, I have found that increasing the amount of moisturizer I use, especially during the colder months, keeps my excess oil at bay. It sounds crazy, but it works! So get yourself an extra creamy, extra moisturizing moisturizer for this time of year.
- Confession: I’m a big time coffee drinker. I don’t get quite as much sleep as I should, so coffee is what keeps me going. The downside, of course, is that coffee stains your teeth. The cure? Colgate® Optic White® Toothbrush + Whitening Pen.
The stuff is magic. I’ve only been using it for a few weeks and my teeth are definitely whiter. Plus it’s easy. No strips, no rinsing, just click, apply the gel, and go about your day. The whitening gel pen also fits right into the toothbrush handle, so my fellow forgetful moms don’t have to worry about losing it.
- This fall I’m keeping it simple with eyeshadows, too. I stick with warm tones, like rusty oranges, nudes, and browns to give me some color, but nothing too-overpowering.
- Lastly, I’m keeping my strands in tact, by incorporating protective styles into my beauty routine as much as possible. As a natural girl, I swear by the efficacy of protective-styling. You’ll have to find what works for you, but wigs and/or crochet-styles are easy and relatively inexpensive.
That’s all folks! What are your go-to beauty and fashion items for Fall?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Hey, Boo! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a 30 something-year-old writer/mother/wife who happens to love lipstick, high heels, blackness, and the truth. You’ll find a mix of everything on this site, so I won’t bore you by trying to define this space. I hope you stay awhile!