This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Carefree®, but all thoughts expressed are my own.
I want to preface this post by declaring that I am both a woman of a certain age and a mother. Also, I have proof:
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s talk about how now that I am officially on team #grownwoman, my purse game has gone up several notches. Indeed everything I carry in my purse is of vital importance, and without any one of these items on my person at all times I simply cannot function.
When you get to be the ripe old age of 30-something what you carry in your purse says a lot about your priorities. When I leave the house, usually with my kid in tow, my mission is to stay comfortable, look good, and have what I need to maintain my electronic devices.
So let’s run through the list, shall we?
1. Carefree® Acti-Fresh® liners
So can I be honest with you guys? Although JB is now three years old, I still, on occasion, suffer from slight leaks if I laugh too hard or sneeze with much pressure. So rather than run around with extra pairs of underwear, I simply keep a ready supply of Carefree® Acti-Fresh® Liners. These liners are thin, comfortable, and can absorb just about anything. As long as I’m wearing these I know I’m going to remain fresh as a daisy. I keep extras in my purse just in case I need them, but I’m usually covered by the one I put on before I leave the house. Incidentally, I snagged these at my local Walmart where they are super affordable. Click HERE for $2 off any 2 Carefree® products and $.50 off any 1 Carefree® product (expires 6/24/17).
What else do I need in my purse?
- Four changes of lipstick. Yes, that’s right. I keep a red, nude, pink, and a dark/vamp shade on deck at all times. Just. Be. Cause.
- A lip balm, which works to remove long-wear matte liquid lipsticks like the ones featured above. Just cover your lips in the balm, then wipe off your lipstick and reapply for a quick and easy color-change. The Wet-n-Wild Catsuit liquid lipsticks, by the way, are everything! And yes, you can get them at Walmart, too.
- Business cards. Because you never ever know who you’ll meet, and as a full-time entrepreneur I’m always ready to network.
- Sunglasses because sometimes the sun gets in my face while driving, and other times because I don’t want to talk to people, and they serve an easy deterrent. I know this sort of flies in the face of my whole “networking” logic I explained above, but I’m a Pisces. Sue me.
- Candy. Candy for me, and candy as a bribe for my kid. Sweet or tart candy always does the trick.
- iPad + iPad charger. If you have a child this doesn’t need any explaining. And since I’m not big on sharing my phone, having an iPad Mini on-the-go is a problem-solver.
- Solid Perfume. Because sometimes you need to freshen up, and a little travel size solid perfume you can throw in your purse does the job.
- Setting powder and/or blotting sheets. If there is one thing I can’t stand, it is my makeup looking a mess, so I keep a compact and powder on hand at all times. Blotting sheets work great, too.
- Lotion. Because being ashy isn’t cute.