This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Carefree®, but all thoughts expressed are my own.
I want to preface this post by declaring that I am both a woman of a certain age and a mother. Also, I have proof:
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s talk about how now that I am officially on team #grownwoman, my purse game has gone up several notches. Indeed everything I carry in my purse is of vital importance, and without any one of these items on my person at all times I simply cannot function.
When you get to be the ripe old age of 30-something what you carry in your purse says a lot about your priorities. When I leave the house, usually with my kid in tow, my mission is to stay comfortable, look good, and have what I need to maintain my electronic devices.
So let’s run through the list, shall we?
1. Carefree® Acti-Fresh® liners
So can I be honest with you guys? Although JB is now three years old, I still, on occasion, suffer from slight leaks if I laugh too hard or sneeze with much pressure. So rather than run around with extra pairs of underwear, I simply keep a ready supply of Carefree® Acti-Fresh® Liners. These liners are thin, comfortable, and can absorb just about anything. As long as I’m wearing these I know I’m going to remain fresh as a daisy. I keep extras in my purse just in case I need them, but I’m usually covered by the one I put on before I leave the house. Incidentally, I snagged these at my local Walmart where they are super affordable. Click HERE for $2 off any 2 Carefree® products and $.50 off any 1 Carefree® product (expires 6/24/17).
What else do I need in my purse?
- Four changes of lipstick. Yes, that’s right. I keep a red, nude, pink, and a dark/vamp shade on deck at all times. Just. Be. Cause.
- A lip balm, which works to remove long-wear matte liquid lipsticks like the ones featured above. Just cover your lips in the balm, then wipe off your lipstick and reapply for a quick and easy color-change. The Wet-n-Wild Catsuit liquid lipsticks, by the way, are everything! And yes, you can get them at Walmart, too.
- Business cards. Because you never ever know who you’ll meet, and as a full-time entrepreneur I’m always ready to network.
- Sunglasses because sometimes the sun gets in my face while driving, and other times because I don’t want to talk to people, and they serve an easy deterrent. I know this sort of flies in the face of my whole “networking” logic I explained above, but I’m a Pisces. Sue me.
- Candy. Candy for me, and candy as a bribe for my kid. Sweet or tart candy always does the trick.
- iPad + iPad charger. If you have a child this doesn’t need any explaining. And since I’m not big on sharing my phone, having an iPad Mini on-the-go is a problem-solver.
- Solid Perfume. Because sometimes you need to freshen up, and a little travel size solid perfume you can throw in your purse does the job.
- Setting powder and/or blotting sheets. If there is one thing I can’t stand, it is my makeup looking a mess, so I keep a compact and powder on hand at all times. Blotting sheets work great, too.
- Lotion. Because being ashy isn’t cute.
That’s all, folks! What’s in your bag? Sound off below! #linerup
Well Hello! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a lipstick-loving, high heel junkie, mom, and wife. When I’m not here bringing you the latest in beauty, fashion, hot topics, and bits and pieces of my life with my family, you can find me over on youtube swatching lipsticks and sharing my latest natural hairstyles. Make sure you also follow me on Instagram and Snapchat under my brand name Lisa A La Mode. I’m a real person. I promise.