Janet Jackson 50, has called it quits from her billionaire husband Wissam Al Mana, 42 after 5 years of marriage. Janet gave birth to the couple’s only child, Eissa, three months ago.
Here’s why they split
- Janet had issues with adjusting to the strictness of the culture.
- Wissam had stepped out on her a few times during their marriage
- Wissam, who is of of Middle Eastern descent, had become too controlling during Janet’s pregnancy
- He was less than empathetic when it came to Janet’s mother, Katherine Jackson’s, well-being . If you recall, Katherine went to stay with Janet after the birth of the baby, and after allegations that she was being abused at the hands of another family member.
- Some suspect that Janet hoped their son, Eissa, would be the savior of their already troubled marriage.
“They come from very different worlds,” a source told People Magazine.
It’s being reported that there was a clause in the prenup that stated the couple must be married for at least 5 years in order for Janet to receive any spousal support. Al Mana, whose net worth comes to a nice $1 Billion dollars, compared to Jackson’s net worth of $150 million, could potentially be required to fork over up to $500 million dollars.
Of course, this information resulted in jokes all over social media:
Others, however, are quick to remind us that Janet, Ms Jackson if you’re nasty, has been the HBIC in the music business for years and has never been hard up for money. With or without that extra 500 million, trust and believe, Ms. Janet and baby will be good.
As for their son Eissa, Janet and Wissam both agreed that he would primarily stay with Janet and live in the London home they use to share together. Acoording to Daily News Al Mana was recently spotted visiting Janet and their baby boy at their London home, bearing gifts and balloons before leaving with a packed suitcase.
It’s sad to see a family break, up, but if they are at peace with it, so are we! Wishing them the best.