R&B singer Brandy has found herself a new boo. She is coupled up with music artist, Sir the Baptist. Sir the Baptist and Brandy met in the studio while recording the duet “Deliver Me” for his new album called Saint or Sinner. Their relationship has since turned romantic, but we have questions. Harpo, who dis man?
Here are five things you should know about Sir the Baptist:
- His real name is William James Stokes and he is from Chicago
- He’s 29 and the father of two
- He was one of the 22 children of a Creole preacher who migrated with millions of Southerners to the North. His father then built his own church, where Sir spends a majority of his time
- His father passed away when he was 11
- He has opened for Beyonce, Alicia Keys, and Lauryn Hill.
- He told Essence that he’s not a Christian artist. He wants his music to be “that connecting piece between our spirituality and our day-to-day world.”
Listen to Brandy and Sir the Baptiste’s single HERE:
Brandi was in engaged in 2012 to music executive Ryan Press, but unfortunately in 2014 the relationship ended. In a 2015 interview with UPTOWN Brandy said,
“I will not mix business with pleasure anymore”
Looks like Brandy is mixing business with pleasure again. I guess you can learn from your mistakes.