Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Cantu Beauty, however all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Listen, when my in-laws offered to host me and my girlfriends for a weekend getaway, I was too excited. They’ve only owned Captain Farris house on Cape Cod for about a year and a half, but they have already stamped their magic all over the property.
Before we get into our stay, however, let’s talk about how my girlfriends and I kept our makeup and hair on point all weekend long.
Let’s start with hair.
My girls, Ty and Ashly, love rocking their curls year round, so we made sure to pack Cantu’s travel size goodies from their Curl Care Starter kit, which includes everything you need for poppin’ curls when you travel.
The starter kit will run you about $10 (buy HERE), and comes with the cleansing cream shampoo, hydrating cream conditioner, moisturizing curl activator cream, coconut oil shine and hold mist, and intensive repair deep treatment masque. If you want to see how I get my curls poppin using only Cantu products read this post HERE.
Since I’m rocking a protective style, I packed along my Cantu Refresh products. Yes, crochet braids are great to give your hair a break from daily stressors, but you still have to keep your scalp clean and hydrated. If you’re rocking braids, a wig, or a weave, you need to get into these products!
The complete line includes:
- a dry-co wash (ain’t nobody trying to have smelly/moldy braids)
- an apple cider vinegar root rinse (think your traditional apple cider vinegar without the vinegar smell and loaded with additional conditioners and oils.
- a root refresh, which helps with itchy/ dry scalp between washings. It also contains peppermint oil which is super soothing and great for scalp stimulation/hair growth.
For Makeup I kept it simple (sorta):
- I packed everything in my travel makeup organizer. Buy yours HERE:
- I packed my trusty Juvia’s Place Nubian palette. The colors are perfect for fall and the palette is compact enough for travel. Buy Yours HERE and use code LISA to save 10%
- I’m all about nourishing foundations in the colder months (even though I have oily skin), so I packed my trusty Becca Cosmetics Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme in Mahogany.
- Lastly, I made sure to include a few of my favorite fall lippies. Right now I’m loving the NYX Slip Tease Liquid Lipsticks. They are pretty perfect, and include a variety of colors that look amazing on dark skin. Check out my review HERE.
Okay, back to our stay at Captain Farris House. Yarmouth is fairly central Cape Cod, so you’ll have access to pretty much anywhere you’d like to visit, but you should plan to get a car rental while visiting. Since I live about an hour an 15 minutes away I made the super easy drive down and had the time of my life!
We stayed in the Elisha Jenkins Suite which has two bedrooms and can sleep 4 people. This suite is located off to the side of the main building, so it’s really like having your own little apartment.
Our first night we just hung out in our suite, played music, danced, and of course, got our skincare on:
The next day, we couldn’t wait to have breakfast. Breakfast is served daily from 8:30-9:45 am and it’s fresh and made from scratch.
Inside the main building you’ll find the lounge, the kitchen, and two dining areas for breakfast.
We ate to our hearts content and then went off to explore the Cape! Before heading out, though, I did take a few moments to myself, and sat outside just take in the beautiful grounds.
I didn’t rest for long, though. We drove all over, taking in the sights (and of course I made a stop at the Sephora in Hyannis), and before we knew it was time to eat again. And since it’s the Cape, we had to go for traditional fried seafood. I had clam strips, while Ashly and Ty had fried scallops and lobster.
Since we visited in the fall, it was too cool for a real beach visit, but we hope out of the car just to grab a shot of the gorgeous blue waves:
All in all we had a 5-star experience. Our hosts, Jeff and Carol, were amazing (I know this, of course), the food was amazing, and our suite was more than what we could have asked for. To say we had a blast was an understatement. In fact, I just booked a weekend stay for Valentine’s day!
For more from our stay catch it all on video here:
That’s all folks, a girl’s weekend for the record books. If you decide to stay at this fabulous black-owned bed and breakfast, be sure to let Carol and Jeff know that I sent you, AND drop me a note letting me know you’re headed down. I’d love to stop by and say hello while you’re visiting.
Hey, Boo! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a 30 something-year-old writer/mother/wife who happens to love lipstick, high heels, blackness, and the truth. You’ll find a mix of everything on this site, so I won’t bore you by trying to define this space. I hope you stay awhile!