This is a sponsored post on behalf of Olay, but all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
I live in the Northeast. Those of you that aren’t familiar with this part of the country, I give you this simple equation: Northeast+Winter = temperatures colder than anything you could ever imagine. We’re expecting a high of 3 degrees tomorrow, just to give you a reference point.
All that being said, no matter your skin type, this weather will wreak havoc on your skin if you let it. A few weeks ago, for instance, I found myself suffering from skin that would literally feel as though it was cracking in the wind. Bear in mind, I have oily, acne-prone skin, and often look for products to reduce the amount of sebum my skin releases. Despite my oily skin type, my skin was suffering, and after a particularly brutal winter’s day, I knew I had to change something about my skincare routine for the colder months. My main focus, however, was finding a routine that would keep my skin moisturized, but not greasy. After all, I do wear makeup fairly regularly, so it was important that my new routine work with my lifestyle.
And then it happened: the folks over at Olay blessed me with this hot off the presses product, Olay Total Effects Whip, and I figured it was the perfect time to try a moisture-focused skincare routine.
Olay Total Effects Whips promises to:
- Instantly absorb into skin, so you don’t have to wait for it to dry before applying makeup.
- Absorb oils in your skin throughout the day, for a dewy finish.
- Leave your skin feeling super smooth
- Even skin tone appearance
- Enhance brightness
- Visibly smooth fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimizes the look of pores
- Restore firmness + visibly reduces dark spots
- Fight the early signs of aging
This moisturizer promises to do a lot, more than I’ve ever seen from any other moisturizer, but real talk? This stuff is pretty magical, and so far, I’m seeing some major results. Not only is my skin more moisturized, and not oily, my makeup is applying better, too. Prior to receiving this product, I had considered adding one of those popular oil serums to my foundation to get it to apply better, but this product is doing the trick. You don’t have to take my word for it either, check out these reviews here to read what others are saying. Now, without further ado, I give you:
My Skincare routine for highly moisturizered and flawless winter skin
- Increase your water intake. This is a no-brainer, but if you’re looking moisture the first step is water. Water helps to maintain skin moisture levels, and delivers nutrients to skin cells. It also replenishes skin tissue and increases its elasticity, which helps those of us hoping to look like we’re 20 when we’re 40.
- Use an oil cleanser instead of your traditional cleanser. Oil cleansers are gentle, and clean away dirt and impurities without stripping your skin of natural oils.
- Use a gentle, alcohol-free (alcohol is drying) toner, to remove excess impurities, and prep your skin for your moisture
- Add a pump of hyaluronic acid to your routine right before your moisturizer. This stuff will attract and hold moisture, and it’s also great for plumping up the skin
- Use a moisturizer like Olay Total Effects Whips to get your entire life. Your skin will thank you. See this quick, unedited selfie for proof:
Do you struggle with moisture-retention in the winter? Share your tips for flawless winter skin below!
Well Hello! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a lipstick-loving, high heel junkie, mom, and wife. When I’m not here bringing you the latest in beauty, fashion, hot topics, and bits and pieces of my life with my family, you can find me over on youtube swatching lipsticks and sharing my latest natural hairstyles. Make sure you also follow me on Instagram and Snapchat under my brand name Lisa A La Mode. I’m a real person. I promise.