Thank you Waxing The City for sponsoring this post. Unwanted hair is part of life…and so is getting rid of it. From brows – to backscaping – to bare it all Brazilians –we’ve seen it all. With 100 locations open –you’ll be sure to find a Waxing The City studio near you. First-time customers get 50% off their first service!
Real talk? I haven’t been happy with my body since I had JB 5 years ago. I was left with 10 extra pounds that I’ve never been able to keep off for good. As a result, I have managed to avoid most summer-time activities that require a swimsuit. While I have donned a swimsuit on a few occasions, I’ve never done so without wearing shorts or wrapping a sarong around my waist
And listen, I know what you’re going to say: “Lisa, you’re thin, what do you have to complain about?” And it’s fine to have that perception of me, I suppose, but the reality is that when it comes to being body positive, how you perceive yourself is far more important than how others perceive you.
In addition to being uncomfortable with these extra pounds, I’ve always worn something to cover my lower regions because I’ve been self-conscious about my bikini-area. Between shaving with poor eyesight, razor bumps, ingrown hairs, and failed attempts at using depilatory creams (there was blood involved and I’ll never go that route again), my bikini-area has never been on the cute side of the fence. Truthfully, it’s been a mess. So when the folks at my local Waxing The City (Westwood, MA) hit me up to try a complimentary bikini-waxing service, I jumped at the opportunity. Was I scared it was going to be painful? Yes. Did I care? No. And now that I’ve had it done, I can tell you, the pros outweigh every single con you might think exists. In fact, I elected to wax at Waxing The City because I learned that when waxing is done consistently, hair grows back slower, finer, and sparser. In fact, some even say they no longer have hair growth in the areas they’ve waxed, okay?! Listen!! I was too ready.
My experience at Waxing The City was so positive that I am now a firm believer in going to the experts for body care services. Also, I am never, ever, going back to shaving. I plan to be a lifelong bikini-waxer and customer.
Here’s what you should expect at your first Brazilian waxing service at Waxing The City
- It’s going to hurt, but not as much as you think. The whole thing is complete in about 20 or so minutes, and after the first few strips, you’ll see it’s not so bad.
- I had a few ingrown hairs from shaving that my expert tried to remove by plucking with a tweezer, and that was painful. My advice is to avoid any and all tweezing in the bikini-area. I asked her to stop and she did without a problem.
- I was completely at ease. I had this woman, who I had never met in my life, all up in my private business, discussing how pretty it looked when we finished, and it wasn’t the least bit awkward.
- You just might become an exhibitionist afterward because your kitty will be so pretty you’ll want to show it off. Just saying.
- When you’re done, expect a whole new lease on life.
5 Unexpected Consequences Of Getting My First Brazilian Bikini Wax
- I can’t quite make sense of it myself, but feeling so clean and hair-free down there has made all of the body discomfort I felt prior to my visit become a distant memory.
- I’m still 10 pounds over my goal weight, and I give no damns.
- My stretch marks are still in effect, and I give no damns.
- My belly ain’t quite right, and I give no damns.
- I feel light, I feel fresh, I feel powerful. You-Can’t-Tell-Me-Nothing.
Who knew a simple bikini wax would do all of this? But it has. In all of my years of blogging have you ever seen me post a photo like this
Yes, ladies, Live your best life, getchu a wax, and thank me later. First-time guests can receive 50% off their service. Visit waxingthecity.com to schedule your service.
Have you ever gotten a Brazilian Bikini Wax? If so, share your experience below!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Well Hello! My name is Lisa and you’ve stumbled upon my own little corner of the world. I’m a lipstick-loving, high heel junkie, mom, and wife. When I’m not here bringing you the latest in beauty, fashion, hot topics, and bits and pieces of my life with my family, you can find me over on youtube swatching lipsticks and sharing my latest natural hairstyles. Make sure you also follow me on Instagram and Snapchat under my brand name Lisa A La Mode. I’m a real person. I promise.