LISA JEAN-FRANCOIS, MFA
Welcome to my little corner of the universe. My name is Lisa and I am a journalist by trade, however, you won’t find much of what I learned in Journalism School over here on the blog. I think what I learned as a graduate of Sarah Lawrence College’s Writing program (I have an MFA In Nonfiction) maybe kinda sorta better prepared me to be the shit stirrer I’ve become.
Here’s what you should know
This site is in a season of transition. It began as my own beauty and style diary almost 4 years ago, however, in the last 6 months it has evolved to include any and everything my little heart desires. There will, of course, be fashion, lifestyle and beauty content, but you’ll mostly find hot topics that relate to a black female audience.
Before I am a mother, a wife, a sister, a friend, I am a black woman. So when you visit this site, you should come prepared to read my perception of things from the viewpoint of a Black Feminist. Now, I’m not asking you to agree with me all the time, on the contrary, I welcome your comments that may allow me to see things from your point of view. I won’t, however, be silenced or policed.
Be prepared for cursing, African American vernacular, and a sprinkle of Petty every now and again.
Now if you strictly want beauty and fashion content I encourage you to subscribe to my Youtube channel HERE, where I upload that sort of thing a few times a month.
Random Facts About Me
- I am of Haitian descent.
- My husband is of Jamaican Descent
- We have one son, Jackson Blaise (we call him JB for short, and I get SUPER annoyed when people ignore the Blaise part of his name and call him Jackson. Don’t make me have to correct you).
- I live outside of Boston, MA
- While I technically grew up in MA, I spent my 20s as a NYC resident, and I credit New York with raising me.
- I am a firm advocate for Mental Health and Mental Health Awareness. You can read about it HERE.
- I LIVE for fashion and makeup. I have aspirations of starting my own cosmetics line, but I keep talking myself out of it.
- I am somewhat of an introvert. I’m not socially awkward, but I prefer my solitude.
- I get super antsy when people from the internet tell me they’d like to meet me in person because I have no perception of how you view me and I’m convinced I’d disappoint you.
Thanks again for reading this post, and again, for visiting my blog. I hope you stay a while!